Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Jimmy Norman Update

I haven't forgotten about the updates on Johnny Brantley productions sometimes these thingss take more time than you think. I need to collate what Hannibal, Hermon Hitson and Freddie have told me plus other information which has come to hand.

I have been holding back on posting anything on Jimmy Norman who worked with Johnny in the 60's because I wanted to interview him but he continues to suffer ill health. I wish him well on his recovery from a by-pass operation. Elsewhere on the blog, someone who worked with Jimmy in the 70's and 80's, Mike Chavers dropped by and updated me on Jimmy's health. I hope at some stage to speak to Mike Chavers and find out more about his work with Jimmy.

In the meantime, I have been listening to Jimmy's last CD "Little Pieces" which showcases his writing talents and though he had to finish it in his apartment due to ill health it is a fresh and vibrant CD. Check out Jimmy's website which has some of the stories behind the songs and a short bio of the man. This was one of my favourite CDs of 2004 because it was simple and honest and unaffected. Drop by Jimmy's website to listen to samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment