Saturday, March 17, 2007

Johnny Dean Sitting Around My Table Magic 7

Johnny Dean Sitting Around My Table Magic 7


Back again with the A to Z of my 45s - Johnny recorded several 45s for the Magic 7 label back in the early 80's in Memphis. I can only presume that they were recorded at the Royal Studios because of Willie Mitchell's involvement.

I do recall that the old UK magazine Blackbeat did a feature on him so I must dig it out.

I have tried to find him on trips to Memphis without luck. My last attempt was funny in that I called a number and thought I was in luck when the woman at the end of the phone said; "Yes, my husband is a singer". Unfortunately for me, it was another Johnny Dean who had never recorded!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:43 AM

    Man did that bring back some memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:39 AM

    this my daddy i miss u so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. johnny dean jr6:21 PM

    This is my daddy I luv u man n miss u rip

    ReplyDelete