Thursday, December 13, 2007

Soul Music At Christmas

I've had a message through from John Ridley over at Sir Shambling's Deep Soul Heaven to tell about a festive article:
As a general rule I don't think that there's anything worse in black music than the Christmas song.
But fortunately for us all my friend Karl Tsigdinos has waded through lakes of mawkish sentimentality and dug deep into piles of slushy ill advised versions of "standards" to bring 20 great seasonal tracks to light in his new article on Soulful Christmas.
It can be found here
with soundclips and illustrations of course.
So all it remains for me to do is to thank Karl for his herculean efforts, and to add my gratitude to everyone who has contributed to my website this year, whether by writing something, sending info or just enjoying the music, and wish you all the very best for the festive season and a peaceful and prosperous 2008.
John.

1 comment: