Saturday, December 29, 2007

George Smallwood & DC Soul

George Smallwood Touching Is My Thing Smallwood
Back into the archives, and this time we come out with the mellow sounds of George Smallwood from DC.

I have dug out the above side to once again highlight the sterling work of Kevin Coombe on his DC Soul website and the photos of George Smallwood and the discography below are courtesy of Kevin.

George Smallwood discography all released on his label Smallwoood:

GFS 301 George Franklin Smallwood – Touching is My Thing / Overheard
6027 George Franklin Smallwood – Mr. Sunshine / Mr. Sunshine (pt.2)
GS 02 George Franklin Smallwood – Lady Disco / The best Love of my Life
GFS 811 George Franklin Smallwood & Marshmellow Band – Just Four You (LP)
811 George Franklin Smallwood & Marshmellow Band – Hey Jude / Rollercoaster
4881 George Franklin Smallwood & Marshmellow Band – Hey Mama / I Love My Father
U-24619M George Franklin Smallwood & Marshmellow Band – You know I Love You / You Know I Love You (Instrumental)
Please drop over to Kevin's site because it is jammed packed with discographies, photos and miscellaneous information and is essential reading for anyone interested in DC Soul.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:55 PM

    I love you daddy and am very proud of you!

    Lydia (Smallwood) Raynor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:59 AM

    this is great music. Did he ever recorded an album?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:10 PM

    Profile on Smallwood:

    http://tinyurl.com/yey98jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool Dee Shmoov1:18 AM

    george is the bessssst god i love his music.at least the one album i have heard of his

    ReplyDelete
  5. RICEPADIDADI1967@AOL.COM2:53 PM

    HELLO THERE. I FOUND YOU. THIS IS JOE'S WIFE.

    LOVE YOUR MUSIC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the music of George Smallwood! He's a musical genius! Thank you so much for all your amazing songs! Greets from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  7. hammersoul3:17 PM

    Does anybody have info on when George released the above on 7"?Much appreciated.Great artist,made some great music.

    ReplyDelete