Sunday, February 08, 2009

Tommy Tate Needs Help

I must apologise for my absence over the last month.

Back with an important message about Tommy Tate which I've picked up from the Southern Soul group:

Went to see Tommy Tate last week in his nursing home. Over the last few months he has suffered three strokes. He is now a man with a very sharp mind trapped in a crippled body. His day to day life is a very mundane routine, he needs stimulation. The manager there pulled me to one side and said "Your visiting him hasnot just made his day, but made his month".

So here is what I would like you guys to do and I have cleared this with the nursing home. Please send him letters to read, you know the stuff, how much you have enjoyed his music etc.
Tommy is one of the great southern voices, that has given many of us so much pleasure over the years, here's our chance to give something back.

Tommy Tate
c/o Freddie Prouty
Forest Hill Nursing Center, Inc.
927 Cooper Road
Jackson,
MS 39212


Let us try to help Tommy who has been responsible for some great soul music.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across this post while researching Tommy Tate's bio. Does anyone know whether the address is still the same?

    ReplyDelete