Monday, July 23, 2007

Good To Be Back!

I had to take a few weeks off from the blog to get some work done around the house so it is good to be back!

To get started again, I have chosen 2 sides which continue the A to Z of my collection.

Roy Malone I've Got Something For The Ladies GCS


There seemed to be a time in the early 80's when the issue of small label 45s would never dry up! Memphis provided many memorable sides during this period by Dan Douglas, Earl Randle, Veg, King Saul, Johhny Dean amongst others. I have no background information on Roy Malone except that he had another good 45 on Big M You're The Sweetest Thig I Ever Had from 1985.

Sam Nesbit Keep On Hustling Right On!

Dave Godin was one of the best known commentators on the UK soul scene with his early involvement in the Motown Appreciation Society, the Soul City shop and label and especially in the 70's with his fortnightly column in Blues & Soul. It was during that second spell with Blues & Soul that he set up the Right On! label issuing sides by the likes of Sandra Phillips, Jelly Beans, Crow, Fantastic Puzzles and Sam Nesbit who is featured here.

No comments:

Post a Comment