Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Nate Adams

Nate Adams I'm Gonna Be Good Atlantic


Nate Adams Why Is It Taking So Long


Mention of Johnny Brantley a few posts ago takes me back to his productions. I have only recently got a vinyl copy of this 45. On these tracks, Johnny continues collaborating with Lewis, Farmer, Lewis who he had worked with on Hermon Hitson productions. In fact, Hermon recorded a version of "Why Is It Taking So Long" which remained unissued until the Soul-Tay-Us CD a few years back. George Scott also recorded a version of the song on his "Find Someone To Love" album for Maple which Johnny also produced.

I have no biographical details on Nate Adams nor has he turned up - I did however post his version of Love Slipped Through My Fingers and Yes You Did which Johnny also produced on Sam Williams and Hermon Hitson. I would imagine that Johnny Brantley used the Ohio Players for backing on "I'm Gonna Be Good" as it sounds similar in feel to other sides on which he worked with the Players.

No comments:

Post a Comment