Thursday, April 19, 2007

Tribute to Luther Ingram

Luther Ingram 1937-2007
Let's Steal Away To The Hideaway
I realise that didn't mention Luther's passing last month on the blog. I thought I would post up the above song which is a classic of the "slipping around" genre which tells of illicit love. This track, and the album it is off with the same title, probably got the most plays of any of my records in 1977/78.
The best tribute to Luther I have read is by my e-mate Red Kelly over on The B-Sides. Another excellent article based on an interview with Luther is by Heikki from Soul Express in Issue 2/2004 which you can still buy from their website.
Ace/Kent announced earlier this month that they now have the rights to the Ko Ko catalogue which contains most of Luther's best work so hopefully we won't have to wait long to hear his music on CD.
Thanks Luther for the music

No comments:

Post a Comment