Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Archive


The Archive from Sean Dunne on Vimeo.
A thought provoking documentary by Sean Dunne:

Paul Mawhinney was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. Over the years he has amassed what has become the world's largest record collection. Due to health issues and a struggling record industry Paul is being forced to sell his collection.

This is the story of a man and his records. I hope you enjoy it.

veryapeproductions.com


I was very interested to read the comments on this Vimeo post - as I get older I do wonder what is going to happen to all the vinyl collected around the world?

1 comment:

  1. Wow,this is fantastic! I grew up with records and still buy them. As a vinyl collector myself I see how records are gettin more scarce. The days of hittin record shops, garage sales, and flea markets are drying up. Technology will always push away and lose parts of rare/obscure history like the record. This has and is happening to old films as well, lost forever, a lot of them. It is so sad no one wants to step up and buy this?! Is there not any rich record collectors out there that could save this as an "Archive"? If I had the space and money I would. Perhaps The Library Of Congress could buy it? Truth be told Paul is hero with a lot of heart. Thanks for the post and your blog.

    ReplyDelete