Friday, August 22, 2008

Tera Shirma Studios

Tera Shirma Special

I haven't given David Meikle's Sixties Detroit a shout for awhile. This AM, I popped over and re-read the feature on the legendary studio Tera Shirma by Ralph Terrana.

The re-read prompted me to put together a Tera Shirma Special featuring 4 of my favourite cuts recorded in the studios back in the 60's:

1. Patti Young Head And Shoulders Ernstrat
2. Johnny Rogers Make A Change Amon
3. Dynamics - Yes I Love You Baby Top Ten
4. Milton Wright I Belong To You Carla

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:05 PM

    This is Patti Young. My daughter has recently discovered all this northern soul interest. Iam totally shocked since the recording had absolutely no response back then. Just recorded a little number for a friend Freddie Saxon who had a friend Ernie. WHO KNEW. I gotta tell ya it was fun discovering this. I am alive and well living in clinton twp mi.....I leave the singing to my daughter who is an opera singer and vocal couch in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:32 AM

    My dad was Ernie Stratton of Ernstrat. He and Fred Saxon remained friends until my dad pasted away in 2002. Do you know where I can get my hands on any of the records produced by Ernie Stratton or Ernstrat Productions? With much appreciation, Marilyn Stratton-Hatanaka

    ReplyDelete