Saturday, February 03, 2007

Beautiful Ballads:Earth,Wind & Fire

As we get near Valentines Day, I can recommend a series of CDs for the more romantically inclined - Beautiful Ballads Collection!

The one I have been playing most is the Earth, Wind and Fire collection. In the 70's, I may have been a rare soul fan but I still had to survive in the local disco and if you couldn't dance to a EWF slowie at the end of the night you had serious problems because you went home alone! Listening to the CD brings back all those memories of my late friend Keith who was part of a gang of us who frequented Ruperts in downtown Birkenhead. That is was music collections like this do for you - makes you live memories!

The EWF CD has 14 tracks and includes their classics such as "That's The Way Of The World", "Reasons", "Fantasy"" and "fter The Love Has Gone". My favourite track is "Be Ever Wonderful" and I'll be playing this track for my wife Barbara on the 14th.

The other titles in the series are compilations showcasing Gladys Knight & the Pips, the Isley Brothers, the O’Jays and Patti Labelle.

Each volume contains at least a dozen tracks, encompassing chart singles and well-chosen album cuts. All music in the series was digitally re-mastered from the original analog master tapes at Sony Music Studios in New York.

Have a soulful Valentines Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment