Saturday, May 17, 2008

Irma Thomas Simply Grand

I had news through this week that the new Irma Thomas album Simply Grand is still on schedule for an August release.

Irma wrote on her website earlier this year:

Hello to all my Fans,

It has been a very good year so far for me. I am feeling very blessed. It seems as though I have a new career starting at this stage of my life. Instead of getting older and fading into the sunset I am working more then ever. Thanks to wonderful fans like all of you. I am back in my New Orleans Home still buying furniture but in my home. God has blessed me to see another year with blessing I never dreamed of career wise.


I am excited about my next CD with all the star piano players, so look forward to hearing it come August release time. It's all for you.


Thank you for being loyal and may God bless you as he has me.

Love Irma

Rounder Records staff producer Scott Billington is pairing Thomas with a different pianist on every song. The list includes well-known names from both within and beyond Orleans Parish: Norah Jones, Randy Newman, Ellis Marsalis, Jon Cleary, Henry Butler, John Medeski, Marcia Ball, David Torkanowsky, Davell Crawford and David Egan.

The songs include new compositions from Egan, the southwest Louisiana songwriter who contributed to "After the Rain," and famed composer Burt Bacharach. Recording sessions commenced in December and continued the week before Mardi Gras at Piety Street Recording in Bywater.

No comments:

Post a Comment