Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dee Dee Warwick RIP


Alway one of my favourite femme singers and it was deep sadness that I heard of her death earlier this week. I will post an audio tribute in the near future.

David Nathan's sent me the message below:

Hi everyone,

It is with deep personal sadness that I was informed this evening (October 19) that Dee Dee Warwick, one of the most soulful singers I ever had the privilege to know and the very first artist I ever interviewed when I was a young school boy in London, has passed away at the age of 63.

An R&B Foundation Pioneer Awardee, Dee Dee's legacy of recordings - albums for Mercury, Atco and Sutra and a number of singles - remains a virtual catalog of some of the best real soul music ever recorded included her Grammy-nominated "Foolish Fool" and "She Didn't Know (She Kept On Talking)."

I've always treasured knowing her and truly loving her music. I am preparing a special personal tribute to Dee Dee with music at Soul Music.com. Please click here for the page we've created for Dee Dee.

We invite those of you who would like to send comments, thoughts and reflections on Dee Dee and her music with subject line "Dee Dee Warwick" to david@soulmusic.com and they will be posted on the page.

On behalf of everyone at Soul Music.com, I send my personal condolences and love to Dionne and her family. Rest peacefully, Dee Dee, your spirit and music live on.

With respect,

David Nathan, Michael Lewis and Jeff Lorez for Soul Music.com

Please leave a message.

Dee Dee - I loved your voice!!!!
Signed Dee Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment