Monday, October 13, 2008

Misty Moore Pzazz


Misty Moore Little Things Pzazz


Misty Moore Don't Mail The Letter Pzazz

I continue with my soft spot for 60s femme recordings. This time I am featuring Misty Moore. I have no biographical details but have gleaned the following releases from on Pzazz by her from Soulful Kinda Music:

010 - Misty Moore - Can't Believe You're Gone / Little Things - 1968
013 - Misty Moore - Magnifico / More Than The Eye Can See - 1968
018 - Misty Moore - Children Listen / Just Another Piece Of Paper - 1968
032 - Misty Moore - Don't Mail The Letter / Windy Curtains - 1969
036 - Misty Moore - Wherefore And Why / Hello Hello Hello - 1969
048 - Misty Moore - Chicago Over The Rise / It Ain't Me Babe - 1969

LP 322 Girls In Love With You

I must admit I like Misty's Petula Clark sounding voice and Little Things has always been a popular dancer on a label which is very collectable.

The Pzazz label according to Waxidermy:

Was a label founded as a retirement project for Paul Gayten, a noted New Orleans R&B pianist/bandleader/producer/singer-songwriter/record man who’d been a key component to the success of Clarence “Frogman” Henry, “Sugar Boy” Crawford, and Fats Domino’s career, he had done a million other things as well, including working A&R for Chess…Once he moved to LA in his later years, Pzazz was his bid to stay active from 1968-1978…He died in 1991.

There are several good 45s on the Pzazz label:

Fortson & Scott Sweet Lover
Sinceres Girl, I Love You
Lorez Alexandria Didn't We
Robert Fortson Are You For Real
Pimbrock Skiggs That Was Yesterday

and my all time fave Len Jewell All My Good Lovin'

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:23 AM

    But the REAL hidden gem is the B side of the Len Jewell 45. Midtempo crossover heaven as heavenly as you like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jas

    I will be featuring Elevator Song on an upcoming mix over on Keeping Soul Alive

    Cheers

    Colin

    ReplyDelete