Friday, January 25, 2008

The World Soul Spectacular

I've had a message from Heavy Soul Brutha:

SoulSistas And SoulBruthas!

As I approach my one year anniversary next month I had an idea for a celebratory post/month I'm calling, "The World Soul Spectacular!"

Here's the deal. I would like all of my readers, if you are interested, to send me their ONE favourite Soul/Funk/Jazz song. I've shared my favourites and discoveries throughout the year with all of you and I'm quite interested in the music you are digging. It doesn't have to be your all-time favourite, but it could be. Perhaps it's just a tune you're really in to RIGHT NOW. If I get enough submissions the blog will be turned over to you, my readers, for the ENTIRE month. Because it's only from your support that this spot has grown over the past year.

Whatever you decide to share, make it a 160kbps mp3 and send it to me at:

SoulBrutha@gmail.com

I'd like you to include your name, just your first name is fine, where you are from, and the song. If you would like to include any other comment about the song or otherwise, please feel free to do so, but it's certainly not required. Of course, try and keep it within the overall theme of the blog. All submissions will be shared on here as long as they're not way out of context. Please take the time to consider sending me something and save me the embarrassment of not having any tunes to post. I really believe this will be quite special and am looking forward to your participation.

Thanks so much for all of your support this year!!

Peace and SOUL,

Dave...

No comments:

Post a Comment