Saturday, May 05, 2007

Looking Back at the Orwell Last Friday

Last Friday, I went over to the Orwell for the monthly soul night. The night also formed part of the first North Lancashire Soul Weekend. Shaun Robbins who organised the weekender joined the regular DJs Messrs Plumb, Flanders,Maleady & Connor.

As ever it was top notch with some quality sounds played. Here are some of the highlights:

Flanny

ROCKY MIZZELL & THE SUGAR ROCK BAND - NEVER NEVER GIRL
DELEGATION - ONE MORE STEP TO TAKE
YOUNGHEARTS YOU'RE NOT HERE WITH ME
FREDDY BUTLER - THATS WHEN I NEED YOU
JOHN EDWARDS - SPREAD THE NEWS
NEW SOUNDS - DONT TAKE YOUR LOVE
LOVELITES - I LOVE YOU YES I DO
DENISE LaSALLE - HERE I AM AGAIN
VICKIE LABAT GOT TO KEEP HANGIN ON
FRANK WILSON - TELL ME BABY unreleased
BESSIE BANKS - DONT YOU WORRY BABY THE BEST IS YET TO COME
SHARON PAIGE - IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY TO LOVE
NATURAL FOUR - LOVE'S SO WONDERFUL
LaSHAWN COLLINS - WHAT YOU GONNA DO NOW
FOUR TRACKS - LIKE MY LOVE FOR YOU

Sean O'Connor

Mystique If youre in need
Mel and Tim Forever and a day
Dells Don’t trick me treat me
Smoke So glad you came along
Dana Valery You Babe
Tymes All you ever wanted to know about love
Major Lance Don’t you know that I love you
Johnny Nash Glad youre my baby
Pretenders Just be yourself
Pete Warner I just want to spend my life with you
Johnson Family Peace in the family
Masqueraders How big is big
Lou Rawls See you when i git there
Imperial Wonders You only live once
Intruders A nice girl like you
Little Beaver Listen to my heartbeat

Steve Plumb

Brief Encounter - Human
Edee Leatherwood - Make it last
Friday Saturday Sunday - There must be something
Sly Slick & Wicked - Surely, is you is or is you ain't my baby
David Ruffin - I won't be hurt anymore
Wee Willia Walker - I don't want to take a chance
Esther Satterfield - As long as we're together
Ella Woods - I need your love
Bitter & The Sweet - I won't have any babies for you
Skip Jackson - I'm onto you girl
T J Williams - Baby i need you (Flanny played this but left it off his list!)
Gene Chandler - Without you here
Satin - Your loves got me
Nancy Butts - I want to hold your hand
Dottie Pearson - Bring it over baby
Young Divines - Ain't that sharp

Shaun Robbins

Maurine bailey - takin my time with you
Alex brown - I'm not responsible
JP Robinson - our day is here
Stan martin - big mouth woman
Emanuel lasky - I'd rather leave on my feet
Thompson brothers - you brought love in my life
MJ Wade - I'm gonna ball baby
Dee Edwards - I can deal with that
Almeta Latimore - These memories
Invitations - look on the good side
Prince Phillip Mitchell - one on one
Bottom & Co. - gonna find a true love
Marvin gaye - come get to this
Bobby Womack - give it up
Ultimates - girl I've been tryin to tell you
Mac davis - I'm just in love ... ???
Razzy - I hate hate
Mary mundy - you put a hurting on me

No comments:

Post a Comment