Saturday, April 15, 2006

Get In The Groove Norton CD

I have only just got around to getting this but it has been getting plenty of hammer over the last couple of weeks. I have been soaking up the excitement of a night of Norton acts recorded back in December 2003 and released by the NY company at the back end of last year.

There are some cracking performances on here from Mighty Hannibal, Lonnie Youngblood, Barrence Whitfield, Nathaniel Mayer, King Coleman, Andre Williams and a guest spot from Bettye Lavette. Norton used a couple of bands The Bloodhounds, The Shanks and The Fabulous Soul Shakers who all lay down excellent grooves.

The standout tracks for me are the wonderful version of "I Found A Love" by Lonnie Youngblood, my personal hero Mighty Hannibal on "Get Into The Groove"; Andre Williams"I Wanna Know Why" and a terrific version of "Night Time Is The Right Time" by Bettye Lavette, Nathaniel Mayer and Andre Williams.

It was certainly a lowdown , dirty, gritty night in NY that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment