Thursday, November 08, 2007

Brown Eyed Handsome Man

I have been an admirer of Robert Whatman's Brown Eyed Handsome Man blog since he began writing last year. His posts are always insightful and well researched. Here is the blurb he posted to describe his blog:

This blog is about music primarily: soul, r&b, blues, gospel, jazz. I'm not an expert or anything, I just enjoy it. I'm learning along the way. I veer towards southern soul, but I'll try to include a variety of music and write about its context, as well as write about a few things concerning history or issues once in a while.

I believe he has achieved his purpose and I have recently enjoyed his posts about the Liverpool group The Chants who are close to my heart. Give him your support!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colin,
    I've been out of the blog loop for a few weeks, overloaded with work, so I didn't see this until today. Thanks for the write-up!

    I've been trying to research some more Liverpool soul, for a post about Colin Areety, Tommy Brown and The Almost Blues recently. Hopefully it will be posted before New Year.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:48 PM

    HI ROB, IN YOUR LAST COMMENT YOU MENTIONED YOU WERE TRYING TO RESERCH MORE ABOUT THE LIKES OF THE ALMOST BLUES, I CAN TELL YOU I AM THE NIECE OF COLIN AREETY (NOW DIECIESED)AND WOULD BE GLAD IF I COULD HELP, EMAIL ME ON allymaher@yahoo.co.uk if you ever need any information. alicia x

    ReplyDelete