Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Look back at Emerald City Soul Weekender


Brothers Of Soul

The weekender was a great success by all accounts with J. J. Barnes and The Brothers Of Soul putting on great performances.

There have been many play lists posted over the last few days on Soul Source but one DJ's sets which caught my eye were Miss Shing A Ling's sides for the weekender - plenty more over on Soul Source:

Thursday, 11/8/07 – Meet 'n Greet*

Soulful Illusion – To Get Your Love (Mercury)
The Ebonies – You Got What I Want (Midwest)
The Visitors – I'm In Danger (Bashie)
Flame 'n King – Only Time Can Tell (Raines)
Otis Leavill – When The Music Groove (Blue Rock)
Bull & The Matadors – If You Decide (Toddlin' Town)
Barbara Mason – Hello Baby (Arctic)
Martha & The Vandellas – Show Me The Way (Gordy)
The Ovations – They Say (Gold Wax)
Our Ladies Of Soul – Let's Groove Together (Kelton)
Brothers Of Soul – A Lifetime (Boo)
The Springers – Everyday And Night (Ves-Thad)
Jimmie Raye – You Must Be Losing Your Mind (JRE)

Friday, 11/9/07 - All-nighter

The Deltas – Hey Girl Just Like You (NCS)
Willie & The Hand Jives – Gotta Find A New Love (Veep demo)
Little Milton – Driftin' Drifter (Checker)
Clarence Reid – I'm Your Yes Man (Wand demo)
Adventurers – Easy Baby (Compass demo)
Don Gardner – My Baby Likes To Boogaloo (Tru-Glo-Town)
Sonny Harris & The Soul Reflections – The Vibration (San-El)
Herman Griffin & The Boys In The Band – Are You For Or Against Me (Magic Touch)
J.J. Barnes – Please Let Me In (Ric-Tic)
Lori & Lance – I Don't Have To Worry (Federal Issue)
Monica – I Don't Know Nothing Else To Tell You, But I Love You (Toxsan)
Ike & Tina Turner – Somebody Needs You (Loma)
Ballads – I Can't See Your Love (For The Tears In My Eyes) (Vee-Jay demo)
Major Lance – Investigate (Okeh)
Willie Parker – I Live The Life I Love (M-Pac!)
The Cooperettes – Shing-A-Ling (Brunswick)
Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes – Get Out (& Let Me Cry) (Landa demo)
Frederick Hymes III – Time Ain't Gonna Do Me No Favor (Fab Vegas)
Age Of Bronze – I'm Gonna Love You (Guava)
The Promises – This Love Is Real (BRC demo)
Disciples Of Soul – Together (Phantom)

Saturday, 11/10/07 – All-dayer

The Kalidrons – To Love Someone (That Don't Love You) (Twinight demo)
Alfred O – Do What You Wanna Do (Mo Do)
The Admirations – Memories Are Here To Stay (Atomic)
Diabolics – I Bet You Never Knew (Togetherness)T
he Creations – Plenty Of Love (Globe PS 1000)
The Classetts – The Guy's In Love With You (Ultra-Class)
The Fabulous Performers – Think About It (Blackjack)
Ethics – I Want My Baby Back (Vent)Out Of Sights – Tear Don't Care Who Cry (Saru)
Frankie Newsome – Coming On Strong Staying Long (Sagport)

No comments:

Post a Comment