Tuesday, January 09, 2007

David Ruffin Common Man

I couldn't resist posting some more of my hero from You Tube!

I love his solo albums and 45s. For years I had played my 45 of "You Can Come Right Back To Me" until it was battered! As I played it I dreamt of hearing the unissued album which it was destined for but which eventually ended up in the can at Motown. One of the greatest aural moments for me in 2004 was when Hip O Select released this unissued album "David" with other tracks making for one of the best 22 track CDs ever.

I have just checked and the 3,500 run limited CD "David" has sold out. This is a must to have and let's hope it gets reissued.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:54 AM

    I agree with you regarding the unreleased album. His cover of "Rainy night in Georgia" makes Brooks Benton sound like a 2nd tier cover artist. My favorite cut on the album is "let somebody love me" and second favorite is "anything that you ask for".

    ReplyDelete