Saturday, January 20, 2007

Soul Discovery Show Radio 209


I came across the excellent Soul Discovery show presented by Mick O'Donnell after reading a post on Soul Source. Now, I am kicking myself that I didn't tune in earlier though there are some archived shows you can listen to on the website. What I have enjoyed since I started listening to the show is Mick's enthusiasm for the music, the mixture of music styles played, the telephone interviews with the artists and the guests in the studio who are mainly collectors/DJs. This gives the show a great feel and personally I enjoy listening to artists and others talking about music aswell as listening to music.

The show goes out every Saturday between 12.00pm to 2.00pm GMT and you can listen here.

Below you will find listed Mick's top tunes for 2006 which will give you a flavour of the show:

1.David Sea "Let's Just get together" (Rabbit Factory)
2.David Ruffin 'You Oughta Know Me' (Hip-o-Select)
3.Marcell & the Truth "Breathe Love" (Basement Boys)
4.Willie Walker "Memphisapolis" (Haute)
5.David Sea "Stay In My Arms" (Park Place).
6.Al Lindsey "Sorry" (Pulsating)
7.Unified Tribe "Love's on my mind" (Magic Muzik)
8.Gina Darby "Yes" (Gad)
9.Donny Hathaway "What a woman really means" (Atlantic)
10.Norman Hutchins " I Really Love You" (JDI)
11.Roy Roberts "Let our love last forever" (Rock House)
12.Otis Jackson Sir "Look What You Have Done (To My Heart)" (USA Traffic)
13.Jay Proctor "Baby I love you"(Forevermore)
14.Jesse James"You're all in my dreams" (Gunsmoke)
15.Hezron "27 Years" (Hard Shield) cd
16.Leon Beal "You're the one" (12th note)
17.Steve Perrilloux "Do the right thing" (Custom)
18.Curt Jones "Is it" (Red Virgo) cd
19. J. Blackfoot feat Lenny Williams "I'm just a fool for you" (Right Now) cd
20. Dee Bradley "That's why I love you so" (Evejim) cd

Five 7' from 2006
1.Prince Ellis "Love will make you go wild" (Ellis)
2.Mystic "That's the kind of love" (ART)
3.McKinley Sandifer "You're a winner" (Cotton)
4.Sharon Revoal "Reaching for our star" (Forte)
5.Fauns Bell "Gift of love"(Wave)

By one of those strange coincidences, Mick called me up this week after reading In Dangerous Rhythm and invited me on the show later in the year. I am looking to going on the show and I will be playing a diverse cross section of sounds which I try to feature on the blog.

Tune in and support Mick who is doing a top job!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment