Sunday, January 14, 2007

Lee Shot Williams Choose Me Again Black Soul




I dug this great track out by Lee Shot Williams as part of a project I have been helping with after there was some discussion as to whether this was Lee Shot or someone else.

Back in the mists of time, I thought this side was related to the Lee Williams who had releases on Carnival. He also had a release on a label Black Circle whose closeness of name has added to the confusion but is not related! However, my mate Jan Barker taped me the side and once I heard it I agreed with him that it was Lee Shot.

You will be able to read a full interview with Lee Shot in the near future and I will keep you posted. I will also keep you informed about his health because he as recently been hospitalised. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Incidently, I eventually tracked down a copy of the above after many years and as ever with rare soul you think you have them all until the next one! One day my old friend Soul Sam dropped around the house and played me another side on Black Soul by Lee Shot called "Since" backed with a version of Otis Clay's "Reach Out". I still haven't found a copy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment