Saturday, November 25, 2006

Patrizia & Jimmy Trust Your Child ALA



As I have mentioned before, I spoke to Jimmy Robins in-depth about his career. I am currently working on a project to cover all his work and I will keep you posted.

In the meantime, I thought I would load up one of his more obscure sides. I didn't know this "existed" until Jimmy told me that he had 2 releases on ALA. I knew his other side on ALA "Repossessing My Love"/"For Goodness Sake" but hadn't put 2 and 2 together that Patrizia and Jimmy was actually Jimmy Robins! In fact, I had the side on CD-R for many years and not made the connection. As you can hear Jimmy hardly features on the 45 and can only be heard in the background shouting encouragement to Patrizia.

Jimmy spent many years in LA, where this side was recorded, either pursuing his music career as singer and organ player. He was a stalwart of the LA club scene in the late 60's and 70's before moving to the East Coast where he still resides. Jimmy couldn't recall Patrizia's last name or much about her career.

No comments:

Post a Comment