Thursday, November 09, 2006

Weldon McDougal 111 70th Birthday

My mate Glenn Hunter with Weldon in NJ May 2006

I am still trying to catch up with things since my "sabbatical" and just found out from back tracking through Soulful Detroit that I had missed Weldon's 70th birthday!!!! Congratualtions to him!!!

The above photo was taken early doors on the day we arrived in NJ - and Weldon was the perfect host kicking the event off to a great start!!

Weldon is still as busy as ever and I will be bringing news of his latest productions with Shirley Slaughter in the near future and I haven't forgotten about Part 2 of the Shirley Slaughter story!

You can also see a clip of Weldon talking with the Philly record dealer Val Shivley over on Youtube - priceless! - here's the link here

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki

    Weldon has so much energy and enthusiasm.

    I really hope the CD does well for both Weldon & Shirley who are both such beautiful spirits!!!

    Apparently, Weldon cannot recall when the video was made because he is always in the store - probably UK collector on a visit!!!

    It has left many drooling who have watched the video!!!

    Though I definitely think the Temptones was a plant!!!!!

    Cheers

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:28 PM

    Mr Weldon McDougal I Know For Sure That You Are A Very Special Person. I Dont Know You Personally But I Work With VIVIAN MC DOUGAL And She Was A Very Beautiful And The Most Amazing Person That I Ever Met She Was An Angel And I Miss Her So Much I Wish That I Could Of Had The Pleasure To Meet You But Just Beening With Her Was The Most Wonderful Years Of My Life I Never Had A Friend Like Her Shes An Angel.I Wish She Didnt Move To California She was doing So Good Here In Wilmington De.I Dont Know If You Would Read This But Here Is My E-Mail negronnorma@rocketmail.com The Person That Worked For A Beautiful (ANGEL) Norma Negron

    ReplyDelete